Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Investment or luxury?

Many people view massage as a luxury...sometimes the ultimate luxury. But maybe we should look at it as an investment. An investment in our health, an investment in our relationships and an investment in, well...ourselves.

We tend to put ourselves on hold, don't we? "I don't need that." I think we do that because we view that massage is just for us...no one else....and isn't that kinda selfish? But really, if you don't have that ache in your shoulder that makes you just a little bit shorter to the people around you, isn't that going to help more than just you? If you address the sore muscles in your neck that lead to headaches, aren't you going to be more available?

Of course we all know the benefits of massage to our health; lower blood pressure, relief of chronic or, sometimes, even acute pain, increased range of motion, increased circulation and the list goes on and on. That should be enough reasons to want to invest in ourselves. But it's hard to measure how much this investment could save you in the long run. I get it. We have to measure things. Believe me...in my old job we spent a lot of time measuring everything!

So let's focus on what a good massage can do for you now. Every time I get a massage I learn something else about myself. This ultimately leads to feeling more content with myself, which I know helps me accept the imperfect world around me. It helps you be more aware of your body and how your emotions affect your physical body. It is an education that also just makes you feel better!

So, maybe you should get a massage today...or tomorrow. You get a lot for your money!

No comments:

Post a Comment