Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Missing anything?

Do you lose stuff sometimes? Now, I am not talking to those people who misplace everything...those people who can never find their keys. I am talking to those folks who are reasonably neat and organized but who sometimes just cannot find one thing....usually an article of clothing, say a bra or a hat or a sandal. And maybe you don't miss it right away...but then after a while you think to yourself, "I thought I just bought a new white bra?? Where the heck is it?" So you look in all the usual places. Nothing. Well, I have a suggestion: Look in your luggage. I swear, every time I haven't seen something in a while, I end up finding it in a pocket on a duffel bag or suitcase that I haven't used in a while. One time I was convinced that this girl who was over at my house once stole a ball cap that says "it's all about me." This hat was a gift from a friend who knew that "it's all about me" and I liked it. Well, I accused this girl of stealing my hat (well, not to her face...because I really had no proof) for over three years. We still refer to her as "the hat stealer" even though she was vindicated when I got out a piece of luggage I hadn't used in a really long time and I slid my hand into one of the outside pockets and came out with my hat. I felt pretty bad that I had blamed this girl for so long. But I was also pretty happy that I found my sweet hat! And it happened again the other day when I was laying in bed thinking, "didn't I buy 2 bras before Christmas? Why am I only wearing one of them?" And then before I could blame anyone falsely for stealing from me...a voice came into my head and said, "check your suitcase you idiot." And so I did and voila....my brand new white bra was right there! And on a side note...you know that your missing socks are in the corners of your fitted sheets, right?

Don't be like me. Look before you blame.

1 comment:

  1. I lost my house and car keys for over a year once. Finally found them outside behind one of the railing supports on our deck. I'd taken them out of my pocket mowing the grass, and forgot about it. I found them when I went to put my new set of house and car keys in the exact same spot while mowing the next year. It was a shock to see them all rusted together...just like my brain. :-)

    ReplyDelete