Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Go green

I don't mean GO GREEN in the way you think I do. I mean make your poop green by adding green drinks to your diet! I think I wrote a blog before about chlorophyll, but I probably did not do a great job of explaining why it's so good for you. Well, I now have help. My good friend from massage school sent me a book written by one of our teachers. She is a Doctor of Natural Medicine, among other things, and knows a lot about chlorophyll. Her name is Toni Fain and her book is titled You Should Know This Stuff: Cheap and Effective Tools to Get Healthy and Stay Healthy. And this is what she says about chlorophyll: "Included in your daily diet of nutrients should be one the the 'green drinks.' There are about 5 0r 6 main green drinks: blue-green algae, spirulina, Green Magma and wheat grass, etc. Each of these contains the 'lifeblood' of plants--chlorophyll.
"Chlorophyll's chemistry is so close to our own blood...it's the cleanest, purest, freshest blood tonic I can think of! Chlorophyll is very similar to human blood. It detoxifies the liver and is an antioxidant. It calms nerves and alleviates insomnia. Liquid chlorophyll has valuable antiseptic qualities and yet is soothing and healing to all tissues." She goes on with some heavy science...but I won't include that here. I drink it everyday and I know it makes me feel good. It does turn your poop green...but that is a good thing! I mostly use the Chlor-Oxygen concentrated stuff that is made with alfalfa. But sometimes I buy the kind that is made with nettles. Toni is a big believer is mixing things up....don't just stay with one brand or one type. Did you know that alfalfa is the most nutritionally rich land plant because its roots can extend up to six feet into the earth, absorbing more nutrients from the soil? Deep soil has not been exposed to the pollution in the air, pesticides, etc., and is therefore more nutrient-rich. Did you know that?

Try it and see if your energy level improves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment