Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Going natural....sort of

I'm all for being healthy and being natural, but I am not a nut about it. For instance...I die my hair...gasp...and I have been since I was about 28. I started going gray early and I didn't want to look like my mom yet (no offense, Mom) so what can I say? Some people say that dying your hair isn't the healthiest thing to do..so I thought I would try this new natural hair dye from Sanotint. I found out about this company when I was in Reno called Vivasan. They are out of Switzerland and they have some great products that I use everyday. Well, apparently, they got together with another company out of Milan, Italy that developed this permanent hair color that does not have all the harsh chemicals that traditional hair color has. I was skeptical...but I bought it and had my friend apply it at the salon where I work and, you know...I gotta say I am impressed. The color looks very natural, it covered the gray extremely well, and so far it hasn't faded any faster than the color I have been using. This color is a bit lighter than what I have been using and I notice that my hair doesn't feel as course. So, I think I am on to something. If anyone actually reads this and wants to know more I am happy to tell you more if you email me or make a comment on this blog. OK?

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading it, too! I'm in Eugene and have had my hair colored professionally for years. After this last application, I am noticing all kinds of scalp burning along the back and am thinking it may be an allergy developing. Grrr. I was researching the Sanotint product and came across your blog. Do you think most salons carry it? Is it pretty common? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinotgirl (I LOVE pinot) anyway...no, I don't think many salons have it yet. I am a distributer and can get you some if you want and send it to you to try. I am going to stay with it. I had to go 6 weeks between color last time and I thought it faded about as much as my old chemical color. You can email me thru my website or at leepetmecky.massage@gmail.com if you want to talk more. Lee

    ReplyDelete