Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Get used to it...there's more to come. Lot's more.

I am on-fire mad!! And this time I have a legitimate reason. Back in 2001 or so, my husband and I bought a truck from Miller Ford Nissan in Madras. As part of the deal for purchasing a truck there we were given free oil changes for the life of the truck. Or perhaps it was as long as we owned the truck. Either way, it was definitely a factor in purchasing the truck there as opposed to some other dealership. And for this many years, I have been taking the truck up to Madras to have them change the oil..and all it cost me is the price of the oil filter. A decent deal...for once. Yeah, well, guess what? They did away with that deal. Of course! I wonder what took them so long. Anyway, when I was notified that I was, again, getting the shaft, I asked "who do I need to speak to about this?" I was transferred to the general manager, Dick, who, to his credit, answered the call. I said, "what gives?" To which he replied with an explanation that surprised even me. He said the the Department of Justice told him that was he was doing was illegal....that "nothing is free" and that they had to cease and desist immediately and also pay a hefty fine. Dick went on to tell me that their attorney advised that they could fight it..you know...to stick up for their loyal customers...but that would cost them too much in legal fees (attorney fees) and that they better just do what the government says. What??? So.....there you go.

Now why in the world would the government be getting into the business of the car dealerships? Gee, I wonder. Do you think that all their "bailouts" might have something to do with this new policy?

For all you people out there who think that the government is the answer to all our problems..and that they give a rip about us..you are seriously stupid. I cannot say it any more plain than that.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story just doesn't make sense to me. You can give anything away you want, anytime. But I can imagine them saying he has to pay taxes on the market value of the service, not the actual cost to you. That would leave a mark.

    So...I think they made up the story to save themselves some bucks at your literal expense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hank....I would love to know what your comment was that you removed. Probably something about me being stupid. Eh?? Could be the truth! Is it possible that when I get mad I don't completely think things through? No, I'm sure that can't be the case!

    ReplyDelete